Monday, October 8, 2007

Happy Days are Here Again!

Well the Mr has been back for a while but the real thing that is making me wild with excitement is our forthcoming trip to Mumbai and Tarkarli! I am really looking forward to some days of carefree existance with my brother and sister in law and our nephew. The children will also enjoy some relaxed moments with their uncle and aunt and big brother. Of course we will throw their routine totally out of gear but they enjoy being swept about by our stormy visits from time to time. We will spend the pujas with them this time. I was tired of our Delhi puja routine inspite of the fact that my parents will be here (as is their routine for the past few years). As for our short trip to Tarkarli from Mumbai-I can't wait to hit the beach! In my enthusiasm I dragged the whole family off to Sarojini nagar to buy a dress (those slinky chiffon numbers), and flowery beach sandals. Well everyone else also bought something or the other for themselves so its ok.
It will be the little one's first encounter with the sea. I saw the sea quite late in life, I was in class X when we went to Puri. Thereafter there was the wonderful experience of Goa. After marrige I went to the Marina beach in Chennai and the Kovalam beach in Kerala and also Kanya Kumari. Then we had a rollicking trip to Alibagh. After my daughter was born, we went to Diu and we also had a wonderful family trip to Goa with a Juhu beach thrown in for good measure still later. Now we are off to Tarkarli, the Tahiti of India. The whole extended family will not be able to make it but we are determined to have a good time none the less.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun ! Have a great holiday !!