Monday, July 14, 2008

Meanwhile......

Have been meaning to write, but what with one thing and another did not get to . Then, 2b's momma wakes me again from the stupor with a comment. No momma, have not started school for the mite yet because firstly right after my parents left he was down with a bad bout of food poisoning resulting in lose motions for what seemed like eternity with me hearing plaintive cries of "mamma potty" even in my sleep and now the poor mite's nose is running! I was responsible for his state, firstly I did not check the noodles before giving it to him as I always do. Later when I tasted it something in it seemed to have gone bad. The shop next doors generally makes good stuff but it is monsoon time and I should have checked. Then later, I should have made him wear socks and full sleeved Ts as soon as I saw dark clouds looming in the evenings. The weather here is something we have to get used to. Everyone sprouts jackets and wind cheaters by evening. I was under the impression that Bengalis have a monopoly on wearing the 'monkey cap' but people in Bangalore are equally adept at whipping it out! Infact I have seen kids in monkey caps and a T with nothing under the waist! On the street you can see someone in a sleeveless top followed by a sweater clad individual, so irratic is the weather condition here. My daughter goes to school in a full sleeve sweater and I wear shorts all day and in the evening it is advisable to wear long sleeves as there is a nip in the air. I was never fond of the heat and this weather is like heaven for me. In February there was an article talking of how the Bangaloreans should prepare for a hot summer! The truth is that Bangalore does not know what 'summer' means! The relentless heat and torrid winds in Delhi will give them a taste of REAL summer.

Meanwhile we have also seen a film and been to the Shankey Lake. The lake was beautiful. We spent Saturday evening lolling on its bank! My elder one found a touch- me- not plant, actually several tufts of this grass like plant which closed its leaves when touched. The mite found dry leaves that were shaped like boats and the Mr and I found tranquility. We saw several snake birds and a kingfisher diving for fish. Come sun down we saw the mass exodous of bats from a section of wooded land on the other side of the lake to our side. A family sitting next to us took pictures of the creatures against the now shining moon, quite eerie. We took pictures of ourselves for we had what the Mr calls an outdated camera, which will not be able to catch the more 'artistic' stuff. It was an evening well spent.

We also went to see the latest 'hit' 'Jaane tu....' in spite of the cliches it still charms. What I liked most was the group of artistes who played the moms and dads of the kids. They were so unhindi film mom and dad like and I think that more than anything, that makes the film different. The best of the lot is ofcourse Ratna Pathak, her character is exactly what a mom should be like- caring but not possessive, understanding without being judgemental, passionate in her beliefs she tries to instill her principles in her son but relents when she sees that he needs to be agressive under the circumstances. Her acting was perfect but the guy who created this character should also be congratulated. Nasiruddin Shah as the zestful ghost/ potrait was delightful. Anuradha Patel and her hubby, I forget his name though I used to love him when he acted in the comedy serials of yore, was great too, and so was Kitu Gidwani and Rajat Kapoor. I like the young hero but he can't hold a candle to his uncle. The heroine is sweet and I liked the explosive brother sister relationship that was shown between her and Prateek who I think is really good. I could not see the last half hour because the mite started bawling, he had not been well for a week before that, so can't blame him. Of what I heard from the Mr, the end was also cliched with the mandatory chaos before the hero gets to woo the lady love...predictable all.

Thats all that happened in the meanwhile folks, now the mite is addicted to a morning kids show on Australia TV. I have decided to defer his school going till the next month when he will turn 2 and a half. Till then he can chill at home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's mite now ? Hope he is feeling better...

diya said...

Better now thank you momma.